Best Doctors® service
This service provides information on outstanding specialist doctors chosen through peer review by specialist doctors themselves and assistance in getting second opinions when an insured person or his or her family member (dependent) has been diagnosed with conditions eligible for this service (see below).
|Exclusive telephone number for members of Society||
Click here for the telephone number.
- ** If you are not using a touchtone telephone, dial the number and press the star (*) key when you hear the voice guidance.
- ** If you are using a telephone with no push buttons, wait until the end of the voice guidance to hear the telephone number required to dial an operator directly.
Who can use this service?
This service is for use by insured persons and dependents who have been diagnosed by a doctor in Japan with conditions eligible for the service as shown below. It cannot be used by those who merely suspect they may have such conditions.
What are the conditions eligible for the service?
- Cancer, broadly defined (including benign brain tumors)
- Heart disease (in principle, cases requiring surgery)
- Cerebral aneurism (in principle, cases requiring surgery)
- Collagen disease
- Specified conditions (some so-called incurable diseases)
- Certain cases of liver disease (in principle, those requiring surgery)
- Certain ophthalmological cases (in principle, those requiring surgery)
- Certain orthopedic cases (in principle, those requiring surgery)
- Certain gynecological cases (in principle, those requiring surgery)
** The information above is subject to change.
** Contact the call center for details.
When are consultation services available?
10:00 am to 9:00 pm (excluding Sundays, public holidays, and New Year holidays)
What about privacy?
When you make an appointment to consult with an advisory doctor or when you use the Best Doctors® Service (which provides information on outstanding specialist doctors), you will be asked to provide your name and contact information. User privacy is rigorously protected.
Is there anything else I should know about the service?
- This service is intended to provide information by postal mail on doctors who may be able to provide the best treatment available. It is not a service with the main purpose of hospitalization or transfer to another hospital.
- The user is responsible for all medical care costs incurred for consultation or treatment by a doctor introduced through this service.
- Depending on where you live or the nature of your consultation, we may be unable to provide the service you are looking for.
- Services are not available in cases requiring urgent treatment, including surgery, or first aid.
- We do not provide consultations involving medical malpractice, cases pending before a court, or any illness or conditions arising from traffic accidents.
- Services are provided by doctors in Japan only.
- Services are available only in the Japanese language.
- Be sure to read the following disclaimer before using this service.