For early detection and early treatment, make sure you have annual health checkup
Lifestyle-related diseases such as cancer, stroke and diabetes often do not present with noticeable symptoms, and are often already advanced when detected. Annual health checkups will allow early detection of these diseases. PwC Health Insurance Society is actively supporting people to undergo health checkups so that they can have the opportunity to review their lifestyles by looking at the changes in their health data.
Basic health checkup and optional examination
Application acceptance period: March 1st, 2022 to March 31st, 2023
Examination period: one time during the period from April 1st, 2022, to March 31st, 2023 (until the resignation date (the day before the disqualification date))
Test items for each health checkup
Basic health checkup
|Type of examination||Eligible persons
(in a given fiscal year)
|Comprehensive medical examination
(including same-day examinations and specified health diagnoses)
|Insured person and dependent(s) aged 40 and older||No personal payment if within the maximum amount|
|Health checkup for lifestyle-related diseases||
Insured person and dependent(s) aged between 30 and 39
|No personal payment|
|Health checkup for young adults||Insured persons aged under 29 and dependent(s) aged between 20 and 29||No personal payment|
- * Upon request, cervical cancer screening, breast cancer screening (breast ultrasonography, mammography) is available to all female insured persons and dependent(s) aged 20 or older regardless of the type of exam.
- *Upon request, "stomach X-ray" or "gastroscopy" screening is available to those undergoing the "health checkup for lifestyle-related diseases". Note that persons who choose to have a "gastroscopy" screening done must pay any additional cost of the gastroscopy beyond the cost of an X-ray.
- *Those eligible for health chekup for young adults can use cafeteria points and undergo "comprehensive medical examination" instead, if they wish. (The points required for upgrading vary depending on the medical institution.)
- * Those eligible for health checkup for lifestyle-related deseases can use cafeteria points and undergo "comprehensive medical examination" instead, if they wish. (The points required for upgrading vary depending on the medical institution.)
- * On-line reservation system
- * The age reference date is March 31st, 2023.
|Type of examination||Eligible persons||Personal payment|
|Cervical cancer screening||All insured persons and dependent(s) aged 20 and older.||No personal payment|
HPV Self-Check (by mail)
Apply from the dedicated website.
|Female (All insured persons and dependent(s) aged 20 or older)||No personal payment|
|Breast cancer screening
(It is possible to undergo both a breast ultrasonography and mammography.)
|All insured persons and dependent(s) aged 20 and older.||No personal payment|
|PSA test||Male (Insured persons and dependent(s) aged 50 or older)||No personal payment|
|Stomach X-ray / Gastroscopy||Those who have undergone the health checkup for
（Risk screening for cerebral infarction and myocardial infarction）
|Insured persons and dependents who are subject to our medical examination
|Examinations generally done at certain ages (brain medical examinations)||Insured persons who are 35 to 39 years old or 40 to 44 years old
- * Cafeteria points can be used to undergo other optional tests (CT, MRI, MRA, bone density, tumor marker tests, etc.).
- * Cafeteria points can be used in the case of application in advance, but the examinee must pay the entire amount if an optional test is added on the test date.
For the list of medical institutions under contract, see the “Medical-Examination Reservation System”.
Criteria for Health Screening Institutions with Transgender Support (Formulated in November 2021)
Click here for the new criteria applicable in FY2023 (revised November 2022)
In principle, health checkups should be taken at the contracted medical institutions.
PwC Health Insurance Society and the medical institutions have agreements on the content of the various health checkups to protect the employees against diseases. Please select a contracted medical institution to undergo the health checkup.
The only exception is when it is difficult for dependent(s) living in provincial cities to visit the contracted medical institutions. In such a case, please contact the PwC Health Insurance Society. The table on the down shows the maximum amount that the Society will cover.
|Category of examination||Maximum coverage*|
|Up to 49,500 yen|
|Health checkup for lifestylerelated
|Up to 27,500 yen|
|Health checkup for young
|Up to 11,000 yen|
* The maximum coverage fluctuates due to the revision of the consumption tax rate.
Submission of the examination results to your employer
Regarding the results of the legally designated test items, all insured persons will be asked to accept/consent to submission of the health checkup results to the employer.
How to apply for a health checkup
- STEP1Decide the medical institutions
Check the contracted medical institutions.Select the medical institution you wish to visit.
Click on the "Physical Examination Reservation System" and select the medical institution you wish to visit from the list of contracted medical institutions.
- STEP2Make an appointment
Reservation by telephone1.Call the medical institution and make an appointment.
2.Click on the "Physical Examination Reservation System".
3.Click on Apply.Enter the details of the appointment as discussed on the telephone.
On-line reservation (Any time of the day!)1.Click on the "Physical Examination Reservation System".
2.Click on Reserve.Reservation + entry of application information.
- STEP3Receiving a "Visit Approval Slip"
After your exam appointment data has been recorded, you will be sent a fax or e-mail from Value HR Inc. (external contractor).
(E-mail address of the sender: email@example.com)
- STEP4Information including the test kit is sent by the medical institution.
- STEP5Visit the medical institution
On the day of the visit, remember to take the following items with you.
Health insurance card
Visit approval slip
Specimen containers/health questionnaire etc. that had been sent from the medical institution
- STEP6The results are delivered by the medical institution.
Follow-up examinations (reexamination) are covered by health insurance.
Please pay the copayment amount (30% of the cost) at the window.
To modify/cancel the application (reservation)
The person who made the reservation must contact the medical institution directly by telephone and then inform the results to the agency in charge of managing the physical examination procedures (Value HR Customer Service (see below)) by telephone or by e-mail.
In some cases, modification/cancellation of a reservation may require a further process on the "Physical Examination Reservation System." Please check with the agency in charge of managing the physical examination procedures (Value HR Customer Service).
|Modification of the Date/
Time, Physical Examination
Course, or the Content
|It is not necessary for the applicant to re-enter the information on the system. The agency in charge of managing the physical examination procedures (Value HR Customer Service) will do it instead.|
|Changing the medical institution or cancellation||The agency in charge of managing the physical examination procedures (Value HR Customer Service) will make the necessary cancellation. Please follow the guidance and make a new reservation from Step 1.|